One of the first things you must learn when studying Korean is how to greet people and how to introduce yourself. If you’ve already learned how to say hello in Korean, then you’re ready to learn some more useful Korean greetings and introductions.
In this vocabulary lesson, you will learn Korean vocabulary and phrases about greetings and how to introduce yourself in Korean.
Below you’ll find a list of Korean greetings and introductions and related Korean vocabulary. You’ll also find printable flashcards to help you learn these words about greetings and introductions in Korean.
Korean Greetings (인사)
The word for ‘greeting’ in Korean is 인사. Here is a list of Korean greetings and Korean greetings phrases you can use when you want to greet someone in Korean.
- 안녕. = Hi. (informal)
- 안녕하세요. = Hello. (polite)
- 안녕하십니까. = Hello. (formal)
- 반가워요. = Nice to meet you.
- 안녕히 가세요. = Goodbye. (used when the other person is leaving or both people are leaving.)
- 안녕히 계세요. = Goodbye. (used when you are leaving and the other person is staying.)
- 잘 가. = Goodbye. (informal)
- 어떻게 지내요? = How are you?
- 또 봐요. = See you again.
- 잘 자. = Good night. (informal)
- 안녕히 주무세요. = Good night. (formal)
- 실례합니다. = Excuse me.
- 밥 먹었니? = Did you eat? (informal)
- 식사하셨어요? = Did you eat? (formal)
Korean Greetings (인사) Flashcards
To help you learn these Korean greetings, you can download these free printable flashcards.
Korean Introductions (소개)
The word for ‘introduction’ in Korean is 소개. Here is a list of Korean introductions and Korean introduction phrases you can use when introducing yourself in Korean.
- 소개 = introduction
- 소개하다 = to introduce (verb)
- 자기소개 = self introduction
- 제 소개를 하겠습니다 = Let me introduce myself.
- 이름 = name
- 성 = last name
- 별명 = nickname
- 이름이 뭐예요? = What’s your name?
- 저는 수민 입니다. = I’m Sumin
- 제 이름은 수민 입니다. = My name is Sumin.
- 어디에서 왔어요? = Where are you from?
- 미국에서 왔어요. = I’m from the U.S.A.
- 국적이 어떻게 돼요? = What is your nationality?
- 어느 나라 사람이에요? = Where are you from? (Literally ‘Which country person are you?’)
- 저는 미국 사람 이에요. = I’m American. (Literally “I am an American person.”)
Korean Introductions (소개) Flashcards
To help you learn these words to introduce yourself in Korean, you can download these free printable flashcards.